- This event has passed.
RECOGNIZING AND REDUCING STRESSORS: EMPOWERING CHILDREN TO FLIP THE SCRIPT BEFORE THEY “FLIP THEIR LIDS”
December 9, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Presenter: Dr.Kristie Pretti-Frontczak
This presentation will explore:
- What is going on inside children’s brains when they experience strong emotions
- How to reduce common stressors that trigger children to“flip their lids”
- How to help children stay within the “window of tolerance” as you begin to reframe misbehavior as stress behavior
- Practical strategies for helping children recognize, process, and respond in appropriate ways to get their needs met
- Why popular behavior management techniques do more harm than good…and what you can do differently!
Open to all families with students in Preschool, Early Childhood and Kindergarten